What are tape-in hair extensions?
Tape-in hair extension comes with a 1.5 inches wide sticky tab (made of medical-grade adhesive) on the top that has been pre-taped with hair strands. And the stylist just needs to peel off the tab and get your own hair between two pieces of tape-ins in sandwich-like bonds. This method requires no tools, no chemicals, but works to bring you a long-lasting and undetectable luxurious hair look. Tape in human hair extensions are one of the safest and quickest ways to add length and volume to natural hair.
How to care for tape-ins?
Here are some tips to keep your tape-in hair extensions beautiful and last longer.
Tip 1: Detangle your hair extensions regularly and correctly.
Comb your hair extensions regularly, especially before the shampoo process. This can help to reduce hair tangle. Be noticed that avoid brushing the tape of the hair extensions, start combing your hair extensions about 1 inch away from your scalp. And it’s also highly recommended for you to hold the top of the hair extensions to avoid putting unnecessary stress on your scalp.
Tip 2: Shampoo and condition your hair regularly.
Don’t wash your tape-ins until 48 hours after the installation. Pick a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner that don’t contain oil, silicone, or alcohol. Oil or alcohol base hair care products can loosen the tape-ins and may lead to slide-off. And remember that don’t wash your hair extensions every day. Only wash the tape-ins when they really need to be washed or you can use a dry shampoo if necessary. Be reminded that always avoid applying conditioners or hair oils on the hair roots. Shampoo at your hair roots, and condition from the mid-length down.
Tip 3: Invest cuticle-aligned tape in human hair extensions.
High-quality human hair extensions can last for a long time. They can be reusable and save more. And cuticle-aligned human hair extensions will not easy to get shed, mat or tangle.
Tip 4: Protect your tape-ins while sleeping.
Never sleep with wet extensions.
Wrap your tape-ins with a scarf or pull all your hair back and make a high ponytail before going to bed to protect your hair from getting frizzy.
Tape in hair Faqs:
- Q: How long can tape in hair extensions last?
- A: Tape-ins can last for about 2-3 months, depending on the new growth of your natural hair and the quality of tape-in hair extensions.
- Q: Can you put on tape-ins by yourself?
- A: To achieve a more natural looking and better protect your natural hair, we highly suggest you have a professional stylist install and move them off.
- Q: Do tape-ins easy to fall out?
- A: No. If your tape in hair extensions are under proper installation and treatment, they should be hard to slide off.
- Q: Do hair extensions cause hair loss?
- A: No. Tape-ins are the safest method you can get to lengthen and volume your hair. And it will not cause any damage to your hair with proper installation and removal.
- Q: How many tape in hair extensions do you need?
- A: If you desire a thick hair look, you may need 30-40 pieces of tape-in hair extensions. If you just want to create a natural and normal hair look, 20-30 pieces are available.
- Q: How do tape-ins add volume and length to your hair undetectably?
- A: Make sure a portion of your edges hair is left out around your head. And avoid not to place hair extensions too close to the edges.
- Q: Can Tape-in hair extensions be reused?
- A: Yes, of course. Tape in human hair extensions can last more than 1 year. Human hair tape-ins can be reused up to 3 times with proper installation and removal.
- Q: How much does a full head tape ins cost?
- A: The average cost of tape in hair extensions ranges between $150-$300. And the installation charge is about $100-$200. The total charge varies in different areas.
Where to buy tape in human hair extension?
Trading Hair bulk supplies high-quality wholesale tape-in hair extensions at an unbeatable factory price! Our tape-in hair extensions are made with 100% cuticle-aligned human hair. Soft, smooth, glossy, bouncy, with no shedding, no tangling, no split ends. Our tape-ins can last for a long time and be reusable. Welcome to choose from various textures: straight, body wave, kinky straight, deep wave, kinky curly, etc.